Drug injury legal cases usually involve personal injury claims or wrongful death claims filed on behalf of people who unfortunately experienced serious side effects or an adverse drug reaction while using a prescription medication.
Some unsafe drugs have been the subject of a safety alert or an FDA drug recall, while other drugs remain on the market with a so-called “ black-box” warning.
If you, relatives, or friends need legal advice or legal representation for a personal injury lawsuit or a wrongful death lawsuit involving a drug side effect, you can submit a Drug Injury Law Case Review or you can call Tom Lamb on our toll-free number: (800) 426-9535.
Please do not hesitate to contact us, as there are no legal fees or any other costs incurred when submit a Case Review form or you call to speak about a possible drug injury case.
Legal & Medical News: Featured Article
An August 2013 Label Change Mandated By The FDA For All Fluoroquinolone Antibiotics Was Intended To Raise The Profile Of This Relatively Unknown Risk
SUMMARY: In August 2013 the FDA determined that, although the risk of peripheral neuropathy has been described in the respective Package Insert, or label, of these fluoroquinolone antibiotic drugs since 2004, the (1) potential rapid onset and (2) risk of permanence aspects of this serious nerve damage side effect were not adequately described.
As pointed out the 2013 FDA Drug Safety Communication about Avelox, Cipro, and Levaquin,”These symptoms can occur early in treatment and may be permanent.”
We are investigating cases of peripheral neuropathy or serious nerve damage in patients who used Levaquin, Cipro, Avelox, or one of the other fluoroquinolone drugs as possible drug injury lawsuits against the responsible pharmaceutical company.
Earlier articles by attorney Tom Lamb on the Side Effects Blog:
- Testosterone Drugs Litigation April 2014 Update: Legal & Medical Developments: AndroGel Federal Court MDL Motion Is Filed, And A “Low-T” Medical Study Is Criticized
- Tekturna Should Not Be Used In Combination With Certain Other Blood Pressure Drugs Due To Side Effects Hyperkalemia And Kidney Problems, Says Health Canada
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals Drugs Invega And Risperdal Are Linked, Again, To Gynecomastia / Male Breasts Enlargement Side Effect
- YAZ / Yasmin Products Liability Litigation: February 2014 Bayer Information About The Number Of Claims, Lawsuits, And Settlements
- Multaq: Increased Risks Of Side Effects, Including Death, Outweigh Any Benefits Say Researchers Who Reviewed Clinical Data
- For Testosterone Therapy Drugs Like AndroGel / Axiron / Testim: Add “Black-Box” Warning To Label: Public Citizen’s Petition To FDA
- Antidepressant-Related Birth Defect: Heart And Lung Disorder PPHN – Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension Of The Newborn
- Benicar-Induced Enteropathy: Recently Found / New Possible Cause Of Villous Atrophy: Symptoms And Diagnosis
- More Evidence Supporting A Link Between Testosterone Therapy And Higher Risk Of Cardiovascular-Related Events Such As Myocardial Infarctions Or Heart Attacks
- The Growing Use Of Testosterone Creams, Gels, Injections, And Patches Raises Increased Concerns About Risks Of Cardiac Side Effects
- Increasingly Popular Testosterone Replacement Therapy Drugs Are Linked To Myocardial Infarctions Or Heart Attacks, Strokes, And Deaths