We have been representing patients and their families in drug injury lawsuits for the past fifteen years and it is our main practice area.
Drug injury legal compensation cases involve personal injury or wrongful death claims filed on behalf of people who, unfortunately, experienced a serious side effect, had an adverse drug reaction, or died from their use of a prescription medication.
Given our many years of experience handling these types of lawsuits we know drug injury cases deserve special attention.
Drug injury claims have a personal aspect which must be appreciated and respected by the attorney handling your case. At our law firm, we do not underestimate nor lose sight of the trust which is being placed in us by clients when they select us to represent them for their lawsuit against the responsible pharmaceutical company.
We will handle your drug injury case not only competently and professionally, but with genuine care and understanding. Any inquiries from our clients are responded to promptly, and telephone calls are always returned without delay.
If you, relatives, or friends need legal advice or legal representation for a personal injury lawsuit or a wrongful death lawsuit involving a drug side effect, the Law Offices of Thomas J. Lamb is here to help.
We encourage you to submit a Drug Injury Law Case Review — it is free, confidential, and there is no obligation. Or, if you prefer, call our toll-free number, (800) 426-9535, to speak directly to attorney Tom Lamb about a possible drug injury case. Either way, you will get Mr. Lamb’s impressions — not an intake person, a paralegal, nor some other lawyer — about your case based on his many years of experience.
We handle these drug injury cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that there is no payment for our legal services until we are successful in getting legal compensation for you.
While our office is in Wilmington, North Carolina, we have successfully handled drug injury lawsuits for people all over the United States.
It is important to note that we do not put our clients into large class actions. Rather we favor an individual lawsuit approach, which allows us to give personal attention to each of our clients, from start to finish.
Legal & Medical News: Featured Article
These Impulse Side Effects, As Seen In Adverse Drug Events Reports, Are Much Higher Than Previously Thought According To New Medical Journal Article
SUMMARY: Based on their findings about impulse control problems associated with these “dopamine agonists” drugs, some drug safety researchers think there should be a heightened warning about unusual side effects in the form of compulsive behaviors involving gambling, shopping, and sex added to the drug labels for Mirapex, Requip, Neupro, and other medications used for Parkinson’s disease and restless leg syndrome.
These findings are set forth is this new medical journal article, “Reports of Pathological Gambling, Hypersexuality, and Compulsive Shopping Associated With Dopamine Receptor Agonist Drugs”, which was published online October 20, 2014 by the medical journal JAMA Internal Medicine.
In fact, some patients have sued the manufacturer of Mirapex, Boehringer Ingelheim, alleging that this Parkinson’s disease drug triggered their pathological gambling which resulted in significant economic damages and other losses.
Earlier articles by attorney Tom Lamb on the Side Effects Blog:
- European Medicines Agency (EMA) Committee Recommends Further Restrictions On Use Of Depakote / Depakene / Depacon By Women Of Childbearing Age
- Current “First-Time” Users Of Avelox Who Received A Prescription In The Past 15 Days Had 3-Times Higher Rate Of Developing Uveitis, An Eyes / Vision Drug Side Effect
- Xolair Asthma Drug Associated With Higher Rate Of Heart Attacks, Pulmonary Hypertension, Blood Clots Causing PEs And/Or DVTs, And Brain Blood Vessel Problems
- Significantly Increased Risk Of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) In Children Whose Mothers Used Depacon / Depakene / Depakote During Their Pregnancy
- Testosterone Drugs FDA Meeting In September 2014 Reveals That The Safety Of Products Like Axiron, AndroGel, And Testim Is Uncertain Or Unknown At Present Time
- Summer 2014 Update YAZ / Yasmin / Ocella / Gianvi Litigation: Bayer Reports On Total Settlements And Number Of Pending Claims