We have been representing patients and their families in drug injury lawsuits for the past fifteen years and it is our main practice area.
Drug injury legal compensation cases involve personal injury or wrongful death claims filed on behalf of people who, unfortunately, experienced a serious side effect, had an adverse drug reaction, or died from their use of a prescription medication.
Given our many years of experience handling these types of lawsuits we know drug injury cases deserve special attention.
Drug injury claims have a personal aspect which must be appreciated and respected by the attorney handling your case. At our law firm, we do not underestimate nor lose sight of the trust which is being placed in us by clients when they select us to represent them for their lawsuit against the responsible pharmaceutical company.
We will handle your drug injury case not only competently and professionally, but with genuine care and understanding. Any inquiries from our clients are responded to promptly, and telephone calls are always returned without delay.
If you, relatives, or friends need legal advice or legal representation for a personal injury lawsuit or a wrongful death lawsuit involving a drug side effect, the Law Offices of Thomas J. Lamb is here to help.
We encourage you to submit a Drug Injury Law Case Review — it is free, confidential, and there is no obligation. Or, if you prefer, call our toll-free number, (800) 426-9535, to speak directly to attorney Tom Lamb about a possible drug injury case. Either way, you will get Mr. Lamb’s impressions — not an intake person, a paralegal, nor some other lawyer — about your case based on his many years of experience.
We handle these drug injury cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that there is no payment for our legal services until we are successful in getting legal compensation for you.
While our office is in Wilmington, North Carolina, we have successfully handled drug injury lawsuits for people all over the United States.
It is important to note that we do not put our clients into large class actions. Rather we favor an individual lawsuit approach, which allows us to give personal attention to each of our clients, from start to finish.
Legal & Medical News: Featured Article
Updates Information About Extent Of Serious Developmental Disorders Such As Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) As Well As Congenital Malformations And Birth Defects Like Spina Bifida
SUMMARY: On January 22, 2015 the UK’s Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) issued a Drug Safety Alert, “Medicines related to valproate: risk of abnormal pregnancy outcomes”, which has to do with these drugs:
- Depakote, Depakote CP, and Depakote ER (divalproex sodium)
- Depacon (valproate sodium)
- Depakene (valproic acid)
All of these drugs are manufactured and sold by the drug company AbbVie Inc. (formerly Abbott).
The subtitle of this MHRA warning conveys the bottom-line message plain and clear:
Children exposed in utero to valproate are at a high risk of serious developmental disorders (in up to 30-40% of cases) and/or congenital malformations (in approximately 10% of cases).
We will watch to see if there are any further Depakote / Depacon / Depakene label changes regarding autism and/or birth defects here in the US like those that are forthcoming in the UK, according the January 2015 Drug Safety Update regarding these valproate drugs.
For more about the safety issues concerning these drugs, see our Depakote / Depakene / Depacon drug information page.
Earlier articles by attorney Tom Lamb on the Side Effects Blog:
- Pancreatic Cancer As A Side Effect Of Diabetes Drugs Bydureon, Byetta, Januvia, And Victoza
- A French Medical Study Provides More Support For Apparent Link Between Benicar With Chronic Severe Diarrhea And Substantial Weight Loss Side Effects
- Cialis / Levitra / Viagra – Melanoma: Possible Drug Safety Issue Was Raised And Left Open In A 2011 Medical Journal Article
- Xolair Is Associated With Higher Than Expected Reporting Of Arterial Thrombotic Events Such As Strokes And Cardiovascular Deaths
- Eliquis Antidote Will Come Too Late For People Who Suffered Serious Bleeding Events, Some Which Caused The Deaths Of Patients
- December 2014 YAZ / Yasmin Litigation Update: Still Over 2000 DVT And/Or PE Cases Not Settled According To Bayer’s Most Recent Financial Report
- December 2014 Fosamax – Femur Fracture Litigation Update: In The Fosamax Federal Court MDL There Are Dismissals, Appeals, And Court-Ordered Mediations