We have been representing patients and their families in drug injury lawsuits for the past fifteen years and it is our main practice area.
Drug injury legal compensation cases involve personal injury or wrongful death claims filed on behalf of people who, unfortunately, experienced a serious side effect, had an adverse drug reaction, or died from their use of a prescription medication.
Given our many years of experience handling these types of lawsuits we know drug injury cases deserve special attention.
Drug injury claims have a personal aspect which must be appreciated and respected by the attorney handling your case. At our law firm, we do not underestimate nor lose sight of the trust which is being placed in us by clients when they select us to represent them for their lawsuit against the responsible pharmaceutical company.
We will handle your drug injury case not only competently and professionally, but with genuine care and understanding. Any inquiries from our clients are responded to promptly, and telephone calls are always returned without delay.
If you, relatives, or friends need legal advice or legal representation for a personal injury lawsuit or a wrongful death lawsuit involving a drug side effect, the Law Offices of Thomas J. Lamb is here to help.
We encourage you to submit a Drug Injury Law Case Review — it is free, confidential, and there is no obligation. Or, if you prefer, call our toll-free number, (800) 426-9535, to speak directly to attorney Tom Lamb about a possible drug injury case. Either way, you will get Mr. Lamb’s impressions — not an intake person, a paralegal, or some other lawyer — about your case based on his many years of experience.
We handle these drug injury cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that there is no payment for our legal services until we are successful in getting legal compensation for you.
While our office is in Wilmington, North Carolina, we have successfully handled drug injury lawsuits for people all over the United States.
It is important to note that we do not put our clients into large class actions. Rather we favor an individual lawsuit approach, which allows us to give personal attention to each of our clients, from start to finish.
Legal & Medical News: Featured Article
Company Is Investigating This Gilenya – PML Case To See Whether Brain Disease Might Be A Side Effect Of Its MS Drug
SUMMARY: We recently saw this news report on the website for the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, “Case of PML reported in patient treated with Gilenya®”, and from from that article we get this more recent drug safety information:
Pharmaceutical company Novartis has reported a case of PML (progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy) in an individual who had received Gilenya® (fingolimod) for more than 4 years for the treatment of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS).
For a brief list of PML symptoms, we go back the the February 2015 MS Society of Canada news report about Gilenya:
Symptoms of PML can include: progressive weakness on one side of the body, clumsiness of limbs, disturbance of vision, changes in thinking, memory and orientation, confusion and personality changes.
We will continue to monitor the safety profile of this controversial Novartis MS drug and to watch for any more reports of PML in patients using Gilenya.
Gilenya (fingolimod) capsules were approved by the FDA in 2010 and by Health Canada in 2011.
Earlier articles by attorney Tom Lamb on the Side Effects Blog:
- Various Drug Safety Issues Continue To Be Associated With Novartis Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Medication Gilenya
- Zofran Associated With Birth Defects When Used During Pregnancy As An “Off-Label” Morning Sickness Treatment
- Viagra / Cialis / Levitra: Prostate Cancer Recurrence When Used After Radical Prostatectomy Surgery
- UK Drug Safety Regulator Issues New Warnings About The Use Of Depakote / Depacon / Depakene By Women During Pregnancy
- Pancreatic Cancer As A Side Effect Of Diabetes Drugs Bydureon, Byetta, Januvia, And Victoza
- A French Medical Study Provides More Support For Apparent Link Between Benicar With Chronic Severe Diarrhea And Substantial Weight Loss Side Effects
- Cialis / Levitra / Viagra – Melanoma: Possible Drug Safety Issue Was Raised And Left Open In A 2011 Medical Journal Article
- Xolair Is Associated With Higher Than Expected Reporting Of Arterial Thrombotic Events Such As Strokes And Cardiovascular Deaths
- Eliquis Antidote Will Come Too Late For People Who Suffered Serious Bleeding Events, Some Which Caused The Deaths Of Patients