We have been representing patients and their families in drug injury lawsuits for the past fifteen years and it is our main practice area.
Drug injury legal compensation cases usually involve personal injury claims or wrongful death claims filed on behalf of people who unfortunately experienced serious side effects or an adverse drug reaction while using a prescription medication.
Some unsafe drugs have been the subject of a safety alert or an FDA drug recall, while other drugs remain on the market with a so-called ” black-box” warning.
If you, relatives, or friends need legal advice or legal representation for a personal injury lawsuit or a wrongful death lawsuit involving a drug side effect, the Law Offices of Thomas J. Lamb is here to help.
We encourage you to submit a Drug Injury Law Case Review — it is free, confidential, and there is no obligation. Or, if you prefer, call our toll-free number, (800) 426-9535, to speak directly to attorney Tom Lamb about a possible drug injury case. Either way, you will get Mr. Lamb’s impressions — not an intake person, a paralegal, nor some other lawyer — about your case based on his many years of experience.
While based in Wilmington, North Carolina, we have successfully handled drug injury lawsuits for people all over the United States.
It is important to note that we do not put our clients into large class actions. Rather we favor an individual lawsuit approach, which allows us to give personal attention to each of our clients, from start to finish.
Legal & Medical News: Featured Article
August 2014 Label Change By AbbVie Inc. (formerly Abbott) For These Valproate Migraine, Epilepsy/Seizure, And Bipolar Medications Was Done Rather Quietly
SUMMARY: In August 2014 the Prescribing Information, or drug labels, for Depakote, Depakote CP, and Depakote ER (divalproex sodium), Depacon (valproate sodium), and Depakene (valproic acid) were updated by the drug company AbbVie Inc. (formerly Abbott) to add a warning about the potential risk for autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
In the label approved by the FDA on August 20, 2014 for Depakote (accessed 9/25/14), this new warning about autism spectrum disorders can be found at Section 8.1 Pregnancy.
The medical study referenced in this new “valproate drugs used during pregnancy – risk of autism spectrum disorders” warning seems to be the subject of this article, “Prenatal Valproate Exposure and Risk of Autism Spectrum Disorders and Childhood Autism”, which was published by the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) in April 2013.
[Read this article in full at original source]
Earlier articles by attorney Tom Lamb on the Side Effects Blog:
- Testosterone Drugs FDA Meeting In September 2014 Reveals That The Safety Of Products Like Axiron, AndroGel, And Testim Is Uncertain Or Unknown At Present Time
- Summer 2014 Update YAZ / Yasmin / Ocella / Gianvi Litigation: Bayer Reports On Total Settlements And Number Of Pending Claims
- Eliquis And Xarelto, Like Pradaxa, Linked To Serious Bleeding Events Due To Fact No Antidote Available
- End Of Summer 2014 Update: Fosamax – Femur Fracture Lawsuits In The New Jersey Consolidation / Multicounty Litigation
- Fluoroquinolone Antibiotics Cipro, Avelox, And Levaquin Linked To Peripheral Neuropathy In First Large Epidemiologic Study
- July 2014 Boxed Warning For Linzess: Irritable Bowel Syndrome / Constipation Drug May Be Unsafe And Cause Diarrhea In Children
- Prolia And Femur Fractures: Three Recent Case Reports Indicate A Possible Safety Issue For This Relatively New Drug From Amgen
- More Medical Evidence Indicates That Statin Drugs Like Lipitor Can Cause New-Onset Type 2 Diabetes
- AndroGel / Axiron / Testim: Heart Attacks, Strokes, And Other Cardiovascular Problems Will Be Subject Of FDA Advisory Panel Meeting In September 2014
- When Someone Using Benicar Is Diagnosed With Celiac Disease They May Have, Instead, Developed Drug Induced Sprue-Like Enteropathy Or Intestinal Malabsorption
- Summer 2014 Update: Testosterone “Low-T” Drugs: New FDA Safety Warnings; Recent Medical Journal Article About Heart Risks Of Injectable TRT Products
- June 2014 Benicar FDA Drug Safety Communication: Did It Decrease Or Increase Public Concern About The Risk Of Cardiovascular Death
- Higher Doses Of Statin Drugs Such As Lipitor Associated With Higher Risk Of New-Onset Diabetes Mellitus (DM), Or Type-2 Diabetes
- About 2000 YAZ / Yasmin / Ocella / Gianvi Blood Clot Cases Are Still Not Settled More Than Two Years After Bayer Began Settlement Mediations
- June 2014 Fosamax – Femur Fracture Litigation Update: Thousands Of Cases Pending, But No Trial Dates Currently Scheduled In Federal Court MDL Nor New Jersey Multicounty Litigation
- European Drug Safety Regulators Reviewing Hydroxyzine-Containing Medicines Such As Atarax And Vistaril For Heart Side Effects