Drug injury legal cases usually involve personal injury claims or wrongful death claims filed on behalf of people who unfortunately experienced serious side effects or an adverse drug reaction while using a prescription medication.
Some unsafe drugs have been the subject of a safety alert or an FDA drug recall, while other drugs remain on the market with a so-called ” black-box” warning.
If you, relatives, or friends need legal advice or legal representation for a personal injury lawsuit or a wrongful death lawsuit involving a drug side effect, the Law Offices of Thomas J. Lamb is here to help. To get started, you can submit a Drug Injury Law Case Review or you can call Tom Lamb on our toll-free number: (800) 426-9535.
Please do not hesitate to contact us, as there are no legal fees or any other costs incurred when submit a Case Review form or you call to speak about a possible drug injury case.
Legal & Medical News: Featured Article
Black-Box Warning Added To Stavzor Label Announced By FDA In March 2014, Almost Full Year After Similar Label Change For Depakote Hepatotoxicity
SUMMARY: We are looking into why there was an apparent delay of 10 months in either (1) Noven Therapeutics adding a Hepatotoxicity Black-Box Warning to the Stavzor label, or (2) the FDA announcing this “new” Stavzor-induced liver failure increased warning.
In more detail, Stavzor, a lesser known valproic acid medication from Noven Therapeutics, LLC apparently had a so-called “Black-Box” Warning, or Boxed Warning, about Hepatotoxicity and hepatic failure, or liver failure, added to its label in March 2014. This is 10 months after a substantially identical Black Box Warning was added to Depakote, Depacon, and Depakene — also valproic acid medicines — by AbbVie Inc. (formerly Abbott) back in May 2013.
Earlier articles by attorney Tom Lamb on the Side Effects Blog:
- Serious Nerve Damage Side Effect Peripheral Neuropathy Associated With Levaquin, Cipro, And Avelox May Be A Permanent Drug Injury
- Testosterone Drugs Litigation April 2014 Update: Legal & Medical Developments: AndroGel Federal Court MDL Motion Is Filed, And A “Low-T” Medical Study Is Criticized
- Tekturna Should Not Be Used In Combination With Certain Other Blood Pressure Drugs Due To Side Effects Hyperkalemia And Kidney Problems, Says Health Canada
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals Drugs Invega And Risperdal Are Linked, Again, To Gynecomastia / Male Breasts Enlargement Side Effect
- YAZ / Yasmin Products Liability Litigation: February 2014 Bayer Information About The Number Of Claims, Lawsuits, And Settlements
- Multaq: Increased Risks Of Side Effects, Including Death, Outweigh Any Benefits Say Researchers Who Reviewed Clinical Data
- For Testosterone Therapy Drugs Like AndroGel / Axiron / Testim: Add “Black-Box” Warning To Label: Public Citizen’s Petition To FDA
- Antidepressant-Related Birth Defect: Heart And Lung Disorder PPHN – Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension Of The Newborn
- Benicar-Induced Enteropathy: Recently Found / New Possible Cause Of Villous Atrophy: Symptoms And Diagnosis
- More Evidence Supporting A Link Between Testosterone Therapy And Higher Risk Of Cardiovascular-Related Events Such As Myocardial Infarctions Or Heart Attacks
- The Growing Use Of Testosterone Creams, Gels, Injections, And Patches Raises Increased Concerns About Risks Of Cardiac Side Effects