Drug injury legal cases usually involve personal injury claims or wrongful death claims filed on behalf of people who unfortunately experienced serious side effects or an adverse drug reaction while using a prescription medication.
Some unsafe drugs have been the subject of a safety alert or an FDA drug recall, while other drugs remain on the market with a so-called ” black-box” warning.
If you, relatives, or friends need legal advice or legal representation for a personal injury lawsuit or a wrongful death lawsuit involving a drug side effect, the Law Offices of Thomas J. Lamb is here to help.
We encourage you to submit a Drug Injury Law Case Review – it is free, confidential, and there is no obligation. Or, if you prefer, call our toll-free number, (800) 426-9535, to speak directly to attorney Tom Lamb about a possible drug injury case. Either way, you will get Mr. Lamb’s impressions — not an intake person, a paralegal, nor some other lawyer — about your case based on his many years of experience.
While based in Wilmington, North Carolina, we have successfully handled drug injury lawsuits for people all over the United States.
It is important to note that we do not put our clients into large class actions. Rather we favor an individual lawsuit approach, which allows us to give personal attention to each of our clients, from start to finish.
Legal & Medical News: Featured Article
FDA Drug Alert Warns That Linzess Should Not Be Used In Children Under Age 6 And Neither Safety Nor Efficacy Established For Those Under 18 Years Old
SUMMARY: As announced by the FDA by means of an August 15, 2014 MedWatch Safety Information email alert, in July 2014 there were several major label changes made to the Linzess Prescribing Information.
The bottom line is that starting last month Linzess should not be prescribed to children less than 6 years old because it may harm them.
There is no indication that Forest Pharmaceuticals has sent a so-called “Dear Doctor” letter to health care providers about these several important major label changes to the effect that Linzess is not a safe IBS and chronic constipation drug for young children.
Earlier articles by attorney Tom Lamb on the Side Effects Blog:
- Prolia And Femur Fractures: Three Recent Case Reports Indicate A Possible Safety Issue For This Relatively New Drug From Amgen
- More Medical Evidence Indicates That Statin Drugs Like Lipitor Can Cause New-Onset Type 2 Diabetes
- AndroGel / Axiron / Testim: Heart Attacks, Strokes, And Other Cardiovascular Problems Will Be Subject Of FDA Advisory Panel Meeting In September 2014
- When Someone Using Benicar Is Diagnosed With Celiac Disease They May Have, Instead, Developed Drug Induced Sprue-Like Enteropathy Or Intestinal Malabsorption
- Summer 2014 Update: Testosterone “Low-T” Drugs: New FDA Safety Warnings; Recent Medical Journal Article About Heart Risks Of Injectable TRT Products
- June 2014 Benicar FDA Drug Safety Communication: Did It Decrease Or Increase Public Concern About The Risk Of Cardiovascular Death
- Higher Doses Of Statin Drugs Such As Lipitor Associated With Higher Risk Of New-Onset Diabetes Mellitus (DM), Or Type-2 Diabetes
- About 2000 YAZ / Yasmin / Ocella / Gianvi Blood Clot Cases Are Still Not Settled More Than Two Years After Bayer Began Settlement Mediations
- June 2014 Fosamax – Femur Fracture Litigation Update: Thousands Of Cases Pending, But No Trial Dates Currently Scheduled In Federal Court MDL Nor New Jersey Multicounty Litigation
- European Drug Safety Regulators Reviewing Hydroxyzine-Containing Medicines Such As Atarax And Vistaril For Heart Side Effects
- Mirena Associated With Levonorgestrel-Related Neurological Conditions PTC/IIH Caused By Increased Buildup Of Cerebrospinal Fluid On Brain
- Blood Thinner Pradaxa Linked To More Cases Of Serious Bleeding Events And New FDA Study Confirms Increased Risk Of GI Bleeds Compared To Warfarin
- Benicar (Olmesartan) Associated With Sprue-Like Enteropathy, Which Is A Chronic / Severe Diarrhea Condition That Can Be Misdiagnosed As Celiac Disease
- Viagra May Increase Risk Of Melanoma In Men Who Have Used This ED Drug, According To An April 2014 Medical Journal Article
- The Benefits And Risks Of Popular Testosterone Replacement Therapy For Older Men Are Not Fully Known