Drug injury legal cases usually involve personal injury claims or wrongful death claims filed on behalf of people who unfortunately experienced serious side effects or an adverse drug reaction while using a prescription medication.
Some unsafe drugs have been the subject of a safety alert or an FDA drug recall, while other drugs remain on the market with a so-called “ black-box” warning.
If you, relatives, or friends need legal advice or legal representation for a personal injury lawsuit or a wrongful death lawsuit involving a drug side effect, you can submit a Drug Injury Law Case Review or you can call Tom Lamb on our toll-free number: (800) 426-9535.
Please do not hesitate to contact us, as there are no legal fees or any other costs incurred when submit a Case Review form or you call to speak about a possible drug injury case.
Legal & Medical News: Featured Article
In Addition, They Are Highly Critical Of Relationship The Sanofi Aventis Drug Company Had With Those Doctors Who Developed Prescribing Guidelines
SUMMARY: The importance and significance of a February 2014 JAMA Internal Medicine article about Multaq is presented well by this report, “Dronedarone and Clinical Guidelines: A Dark Chapter That Must Be Reread”, that was published on the Medscape website.
From that Medscape piece by reporter John Mandrola:
The story of how a marginally effective and perhaps even hazardous drug made it to first-line status of major guideline documents is a hard image to revisit. Also difficult to look back at were the lavish steakhouse dinners, the webinars, the “sponsored” programs, and then the result: legions of general cardiologists and primary-care doctors prescribing [Multaq (dronedarone)] en masse. With [Multaq (dronedarone)], for a time at least, hype trounced science…. [emphasis added]
We know, now, since being approved by the FDA in 2009 and soon becoming an often-prescribed atrial fibrillation drug, Multaq has been associated with increased risks of serious side effects, including liver failure, interstitial lung disease (ILD), stroke, and sudden cardiac death.
Earlier articles by attorney Tom Lamb on the Side Effects Blog:
- For Testosterone Therapy Drugs Like AndroGel / Axiron / Testim: Add “Black-Box” Warning To Label: Public Citizen’s Petition To FDA
- Antidepressant-Related Birth Defect: Heart And Lung Disorder PPHN – Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension Of The Newborn
- Benicar-Induced Enteropathy: Recently Found / New Possible Cause Of Villous Atrophy: Symptoms And Diagnosis
- More Evidence Supporting A Link Between Testosterone Therapy And Higher Risk Of Cardiovascular-Related Events Such As Myocardial Infarctions Or Heart Attacks
- The Growing Use Of Testosterone Creams, Gels, Injections, And Patches Raises Increased Concerns About Risks Of Cardiac Side Effects
- Increasingly Popular Testosterone Replacement Therapy Drugs Are Linked To Myocardial Infarctions Or Heart Attacks, Strokes, And Deaths
- FDA Drug Safety Concerns About Pradaxa And Serious Bleeding Side Effects Will Get Another Look By Means Of New 2014 Study
- The Association Of Antipsychotic Drug Risperdal (Risperidone) With Gynecomastia / Male Breasts Side Effect Is Subject Of Pharmaceutical Litigation Against Janssen