Beovu Lawsuits for Vision Loss, Blindness, and Other Serious Eye Problems
In a rush? You can use our Quick Contact Form to tell us the basic information about your case.
Beovu, prescribed for the treatment of neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration (AMD) since 2019, has been associated with vision loss and blindness due to occlusive retinal vasculitis, retinal artery occlusion, and intraocular inflammation. In turn, Beovu lawsuits might be filed against Novartis, the manufacturer of Beovu, alleging this drug company failed to adequately warn doctors and patients about these Beovu side effects.
Beovu eye-related side effects include:
- Vision Loss
- Occlusive Retinal Vasculitis
- Retinal Vasculitis
- Retinal Artery Occlusion
- Intraocular Inflammation
- Eye Inflammation
- Retinal Detachment
Our law firm is investigating possible Beovu lawsuits where patients have suffered Beovu side effects.
We encourage you to submit a Beovu Case Evaluation Form online – it is free, confidential, and there is no obligation. Or, if you prefer, call our toll-free number, (800) 426-9535, to speak directly to attorney Tom Lamb about a possible drug injury case. Either way, you will get Mr. Lamb’s impressions – not an intake person, a paralegal, nor some other lawyer – about your case based on his many years of experience.
Most Recent Article About Beovu
From this November 14, 2020, Reuters new report, “Novartis identifies possible risk factors for Beovu patients”, we get the latest information about eye side effects associated with Beovu injections:
To read more of this article, click below:
According to Novartis’s review, among 12,000 patients treated with Beovu, the highest observed risk for experiencing retinal vasculitis and/or retinal vascular occlusion in the six months after first treatment was prior intraocular inflammation and/or vascular occlusion in the 12 months before the first Beovu injection.
The observed overall risk rate of 0.46% for all Beovu-treated patients increased to 3.97% in people who had the conditions before treatment, Novartis said.
To date, case reports of Beovu patients developing vision loss have established that:
- Retinal vasculitis and/or retinal vascular occlusion can occur as early as the first or second Beovu injections; and,
- Severe vision loss or other changes in vision within one to two weeks of the Beovu injections.
More information about Beovu patients developing vision loss is set forth in this article, “ReST committee provides update on brolucizumab”, published by Healio Ophthalmology on November 15, 2020:
The American Society of Retina Specialists Research and Safety in Therapeutics (ReST) committee began to receive reports of intraocular inflammation alone and retinal vasculitis in patients who underwent injections of Beovu (brolucizumab, Novartis) following its FDA approval for neovascular age-related macular degeneration in October 2019. To date, the committee has received 120 reports….
Through April 2020, the committee received reports of retinal vasculitis in 26 eyes of 25 patients. These patients showed a more precipitous loss of vision that did not recover, with 46% of eyes losing more than three lines of vision and 35% of eyes losing more than six lines of vision….
We are investigating possible Beovu drug injury lawsuits against Novartis for patients who suffered vision loss following their Beovu treatments.[Read article in full at original source]
Earlier articles about Beovu by attorney Tom Lamb on the Side Effects Blog:
- Beovu Legal Cases: Compensation for Eye Problems from Beovu Use
- Beovu-associated Endophthalmitis is “New” for Beovu Eye Drug Safety Issue of Vision Loss
- Beovu Use Continues Despite Ongoing Beovu-associated Inflammation Investigation
- Safety of Beovu Update: Study Results Announcement by Novartis and Beovu Label Change in Europe
- After Two Injections of Beovu, Retinal Vasculitis With Vision Loss
- Beovu | July 2020 | Current Findings For Occlusive Vasculitis And Vision Loss
- Beovu: External Safety Review Committee Findings Lead To New Vision-Related Side Effects Warnings
- New Beovu Warnings About Risks Of Retinal Vasculitis And Retinal Vascular Occlusion
- Beovu Vision Loss And Retinal Vasculitis Cases May Lead To New Warnings
- Beovu Warning For Retinal Vasculitis: Is Current Drug Label Sufficient “As Is”?
- Beovu Warning: Retinal Vasculitis Which Can Lead To Blindness / Vision Loss