Beovu Lawsuits For Vision Loss, Blindness, Other Eye Inflammation Conditions
In a rush? You can use our Quick Contact Form to tell us the basic information about your case.
Beovu, prescribed for the treatment of neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration (AMD) since 2019, has been associated with vision loss and blindness due to occlusive retinal vasculitis, retinal artery occlusion, and
intraocular inflammation. In turn, Beovu lawsuits might be filed against Novartis, the manufacturer of Beovu, alleging this drug company failed to adequately warn doctors and patients about these Beovu side effects.
Beovu eye-related side effects include:
- Vision Loss
- Occlusive Retinal Vasculitis
- Retinal Vasculitis
- Retinal Artery Occlusion
- Intraocular Inflammation
- Eye Inflammation
Our law firm is investigating possible Beovu lawsuits where patients have suffered Beovu side effects.
We encourage you to submit a Beovu Case Evaluation Form online – it is free, confidential, and there is no obligation. Or, if you prefer, call our toll-free number, (800) 426-9535, to speak directly to attorney Tom Lamb about a possible drug injury case. Either way, you will get Mr. Lamb’s impressions – not an intake person, a paralegal, nor some other lawyer – about your case based on his many years of experience.
Most Recent Article About Beovu
According to the June 9, 2020, FDA Beovu label change approval letter: “This Prior Approval supplemental biologics application provides for the addition of ‘Retinal Vasculitis and/or Retinal Vascular Occlusion’ to the Warnings and Precautions section of the Prescribing Information.”
To read more of this article, click below:
This Beovu label change comes after postmarketing reports of these Beovu vision-loss side effects such as retinal vasculitis. Several news articles reported the following related points:
- The Beovu label change is based on a recent internal review conducted by Novartis of adverse events observed in the HAWK & HARRIER clinical trials, including rare postmarketing safety reports of vasculitis.
- In connection with its Beovu label change, Novartis stated that a review of these postmarketing events concluded that “there is a confirmed safety signal of rare adverse events termed as ‘retinal vasculitis’ and/or ‘retinal vascular occlusion’ that may result in severe vision loss.”
As background, the FDA approved Beovu for the treatment of wet AMD on October 8, 2019.
We are currently investigating drug injury lawsuits against Novartis for Beovu causing vision loss and blindness due to retinal vasculitis, retinal vascular occlusion, and intraocular inflammation.[Read article in full at original source]
Earlier articles about Beovu by attorney Tom Lamb on the Side Effects Blog:
- Beovu Vision Loss And Retinal Vasculitis Cases May Lead To New Warnings
- Beovu Warning For Retinal Vasculitis: Is Current Drug Label Sufficient “As Is”?
- Beovu Warning: Retinal Vasculitis Which Can Lead To Blindness / Vision Loss