Note: We no longer handle Remicade cases
What is Remicade?
Remicade (infliximab) works by blocking TNF-a (tumor necrosis factor alpha), a small protein which is very important in the regulation of the immune system. An excess of TNF-a is believed to be a cause of autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and Crohn's Disease. When there is more TNF in the blood than the body's natural receptors can handle, the result is inflammation. Remicade is used to neutralize excess TNF and reduce inflammation. Adverse event reports involving Remicade later revealed that blocking TNF to inhibit rheumatoid arthritis and Crohn's Disease allows other diseases to develop, such as tuberculosis, histoplasmosis, listeriosis, and pneumocystosis.
- Read the October 5, 2001 Dear Doctor warning letter.
- The letter is in .pdf format, which can be viewed with Adobe's Acrobat Reader. To download the free reader, use the link on the lower right of this page.
- The letter warns of the risks of disseminated tuberculosis and extrapulmonary tuberculosis, as well as invasive fungal infections and other opportunistic infections associated with the use of Remicade.
- Read the October 18, 2001 Dear Doctor warning letter.
- This letter warns of the risk of heart disease deaths associated with Remicade.
- Remicade: Adverse Reactions and Serious Side Effects
- Serious infections, some resulting in death, have been reported in patients using Remicade. There have also been adverse event reports of miliary tuberculosis, as well as extrapulmonary and disseminated tuberculosis, neurological diseases, autoimmune diseases, and aplastic anemia. The FDA has required Remicade's manufacturer to put a Black Box Warning about the adverse events and serious side effects on the Remicade label.
- Remicade warning about tuberculosis
- Disseminated tuberculosis, extrapulmonary tuberculosis, invasive fungal infections, and other opportunistic infections have been reported in patients using Remicade.
- Remicade Class Actions: An individual lawsuit is better
- Our law firm believes that people who suffered a serious Remicade injury or a death due to Remicade are better served when an individual lawsuit is filed.
- Remicade and Legal Compensation
- How to get legal compensation for a Remicade injury or Remicade death?
- Remicade Case Evaluation